Friday, January 1, 2010

joining the digital revolution...kinda

I will start this blog by saying that I am still a hardcore film user. That said, using my 5 MP Canon Rebel that I have had since grad school for the shoots that I do do digitally was getting embarrassing. So, my awesome uncle Paul got me a D90 for christmas. I'm super excited about it because not only will the pictures be better quality, but it will also shoot HD video. I used it for a mini-shoot at Torrey Pines State Reverse. Here's a shot from that...


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very happy about the camera upgrade.

    I've never shot film (more than loading up rolls in long-deceased carcasses of not-much-to-say-about them point and shoot cameras).

    When Ken dropped my film camera and it quit working, it was replaced with an Olympus 2 megapixel, which I used until relatively recently. I now use a Canon 50D and a rotating crew of four lenses, one of which is borrowed from Paul, who has been a great support and inspiration in photography.

    I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work here on this blog and any other place it appears.

    ReplyDelete