Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Top Photos #5

For the next 5 days, I'm going to count down my 5 favorite photos I have ever taken.

My number 5 photo was shot in 2005 in Los Angeles. When I got done with grad school, I made very few photos. I was so convinced that it was pointless to make a photo unless it fit into a series and had some deep meaning that I just didn't make any. One day, I decided that I was going to force myself to take some pictures so I went walking around this shopping center that was under contraction. I shot about half a roll of film and that was pretty much it. About a year later, after moving to Houston, I found a roll of 120 film that wasn't processed and I had no idea what was on it. I took it to be processed and found this image from that shoot. It's one of my favorites because it illustrates exactly how I was feeling at the time...completely blocked.




No comments:

Post a Comment